Part 3: The Grand Rapids Remodeling and New Home Show Recap | Blog
One of the best parts about the Home Show is the fun of talking about all of the year’s exciting insights and trends long after the show is over. If you’re looking ahead to building a new home with Heartland Builders, we have the inspiration you need to start envisioning the look and feel of your perfect living space!
In our last blog, we discussed the most important questions you should ask yourself before starting the design process on your new home. Today, we can’t wait to share the design trends that the industry’s top paint companies are predicting — take a look at what’s projected to be hot (and not-so-hot) in homes in 2020:
Color of the Year 2020: Naval SW 6244
- Brushed brass/champagne (lighting, cabinet hardware, mirror frames, etc.)
- Curves and geometric
- Velvet (but not the ‘90s crushed version)
- Patterns (tile, pillow, artwork — everything is another opportunity for more pattern or color)!
- Marble (and other natural stones)
- Saturated hues and jewel tones and/or bold black and white
Color of the Year 2020: Classic Blue 19-4052
- Terra cotta, soft peachy corals, soft but grounded earth tones
- Golden, buttery tones, camel/caramel leather notes, emerald
- Projected to be out: wallpaper, accent walls, white cabinets in kitchen, all gray or neutral, single-use spaces (rooms will now double as a guest bedroom and an office, etc.)
Color of the Year 2020: First Light 2102-70
- Simple, clean, and white with the addition of botanicals
- Mixing antique with new decor (shape is important here as the wrong two mixed can clash and throw everything off)
- Subway tile that is installed in a herringbone, basketweave, a larger size, switching to a geometric pattern or in a color instead of white
- Fresh, minimal, free of clutter
- Two-tone kitchens — dark lower cabinets and white uppers, or a dark wall and base cabinet with a completely different island
- Rugs in different shapes, patterns, and colors
What do we think this means for you? As you can see there are a lot of opinions so do what you want! Don’t worry about the trends and make sure that you LOVE everything that you put in your home. It is for you to enjoy!
Thank you for following our Home Show blog series! At Heartland Builders, there’s nothing we love more than talking about all things home, and giving you the inspiration you need to start your journey. If you have any questions (or simply want to chat about the new home process), we’re always available! Contact us at any time to learn more about building a brand new home in Grand Rapids with Heartland Builders.